Thursday, January 20, 2011

TP 2000 Chapter 2, pgs. 102-105

Chapter 2, Pages 102-105
   In this chapter, I read what changes have been made to the recommendations from Turning Points to Turning Points 2000.  I was a little confused in the beginning, because I was unfamiliar with what the first book presented, but once the chapter started to focus on what was in this book, it became a little clearer. 
    I think that certification for middle school teachers is pretty necessary.  I’ll put it like this: I wouldn’t want a doctor giving me a physical when that doctor wasn’t professionally trained and certified to actually be a doctor.  So I think it’s the same for teachers: I don’t think I’d want someone teaching my children if they didn’t know what they were doing, and they weren’t trained and everything.  So that’s why I think it would be a good idea to have teachers be certified to teach just middle school, instead of being certified to teach middle and high school, for example.  Because there are people that want to teach middle school, and there are people that want to teach high school, so why force the people that want to teach middle school to be certified in teaching high school and vice versa?

No comments:

Post a Comment