Monday, May 2, 2011

MMM Chapter 15

This chapter was about getting parents involved in the classroom.  This, I think, is one of the most difficult parts about being a teacher.  One, because you have parents who will not care about their child's performance in the classroom.  And two, because you will have parents that have extremely different opinions on what their child should or should not learn in school, and will fight with you.  Wormeli gives several ways you can get parents involved with their children's education.  For the most part, I thought these examples were good, but I think that I would be uncomfortable visiting the home of a student.  I feel like as a teacher, that is a place where I should not go, because I feel like that crosses a line of professionalism.  But that's my own opinion.  As a teacher, I would love to get parents involved, because I think that opens a whole world of possibilities in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment