Monday, May 2, 2011

Turning Points 2000 Chapter 6

This chapter was about building relationships with students.  I loved it.  When I was in middle school, I didn't really have a teacher that I had a great relationship with.  Well, when I was in 8th grade, I had a pretty good relationship with my Social Studies teacher.  And I really liked that class as a result.  But he was really the only one.  And I think I suffered because of it, because I kind of became shy and scared socially as a result.  But I think if I had more teachers that really tried to get to know me, I would have been happier.  So in my classroom, I'd try to get to know each and every one of my students.  But this chapter itself focused on teams in middle schools.  I personally did not go to a middle school with teams, so I don't know what it would be like to have them.  But through this class, and learning more about the concept, I think that it's a really great concept, and I would like to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment