Monday, May 2, 2011

MMM Chapter 8

This chapter was about effective assessment.  The chapter opened with a story about a student of Wormeli's that wasn't very good at writing, so he let the student write a song about The Outsiders instead of writing an essay.  I love this.  But for me, I would rather give students a choice on every project.  In my opinion, I would rather let students have a choice for every project they do in school.  I think students are definitely creative enough to come up with ways to show what they know, instead having a teacher tell them what to do in order to show what they know.  This chapter kind of goes along with the Differentiated Instruction chapter, I think.  Both have to do with tailoring a lesson or project to the particular student you are teaching.  Both, I think, are very helpful to students, and both are things I really like!

No comments:

Post a Comment