Thursday, February 17, 2011

Turning Points 2000 Chapter 3

This chapter focused on the Backward Design Model, which we learned about in Practicum.  While I was reading this, I thought it would have been nice to read this chapter while I was in Practicum!  But reading it now, it was nice to have a little more research with the Backward Design Model than we did in Practicum.  Back then, we just put it into practice, but reading about it really reinforced it for me (as it's been a while since I've taken Practicum and my memories of it are a little faded).  But anyway, I really like the Backward Design Model, because it forces teachers to really look at the point of their lessons, and to make sure that with every lesson, students are learning something, and can show what they learned.  I'm more of a fan of the performance task, because I don't really like tests, as I don't think memorizing facts and spitting them back out on a piece of paper really shows you know something.  I think with the performance task, students can really be creative, and show that they really know the material, and can remember it and have actually learned something.

No comments:

Post a Comment